Wednesday 20 January 2016

Review: How He Really Feels (He Feels Trilogy, #1) by Lisa Suzanne


Synopsis
Julianne Becker is desperately in love with her boss, Nick Matthews. She has daydreamed about him since the day she first met him a year earlier, but she is firmly stuck in the friend-zone until New Year’s Eve, when the game completely changes and she finds out how Nick really feels about her. They embark on a sexy affair that’s everything Julianne ever dreamed of... except she can’t tell anyone about it. What will happen if anyone finds out about their secret relationship? And how will her lifelong best friend, Travis Miller, react when Julianne begins a relationship with someone who isn’t him? 

How He Really Feels is a novel that explores relationships and love between coworkers and friends. It contains some adult situations and is intended for mature readers.

Buy Here -- Amazon UK | Amazon US

********************

My Review

2.5 Stars!

So after finishing a series I was left in a book funk and to try get out of it I picked this book up thinking I needed something sweet and straight forward which yes this kind of was but there were too many points where it didn't work for me. I've had this sitting in my kindle app for ages and after seeing some 5 star reviews maybe I expected too much?

"Everything in my life was insignificant until I met you, and now you are all that matters."

I thought this would be a little more alpha male book with more story I guess. As I was reading I felt like the main characters did have chemistry and that was all good yet it went so quickly the relationship even though they had known each other for a year we didn't get to know much about that year or about Nick as a person. I didn't feel like it had that gradual building up of character or personality that I as a reader fall for. I didn't feel connected to him which was a real shame.

Julianne Becker the heroine did some stupid things that really annoyed me and at one point I was going to stop reading it all together. Her friend? He just pissed me off. That's all I have to say about him to be honest. I felt she was way too obsessed with this boss but hey I guess it can happen *shrugs* I don't think this was a book fr me or it may just have been the mood I was in at the time but don't let me opinions keep you from reading this may be a book you end up enjoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment