Sunday 3 January 2016

Review: Between Shadows by Chanel Cleeton


Synopsis

A sexy new thriller about love and revenge from the author of the Capital Confessions and International School series… 
X lives by three rules: Show no weakness. Trust no one. Don’t get caught. She lives by the rules they gave her. 

The Academy—set in London, shrouded in secrecy—it trains spies, computer experts, and assassins. Their mission? Dispensing justice and altering the course of world politics. Or so they think. In a world where secrets are weapons and some kills are impossible to forget, everything X thought she knew about her life is about to change. 

They taught her to fight. To blend into the shadows like a ghost, to operate on the fringes of society, to change her identity with ease. They taught her to kill. 

She’ll need every skill they taught her, to stay alive. 

Pre-Order Here --->> Amazon UK| Amazon US

********************

My Review

3.5 Stars!!

This is the first book I have read by Chanel Cleeton and I am pleasantly surprised. After not reading for what seems like ages but I''m sure it was only a day or two but it felt like a long time anyways this was great. I loved how action packed it was but not over the top or too much. It's been a while since I read anything consisting of adventure/ action in it and this really worked.

'We're in way over our heads and I need him as an asset more than I can want him as a man.'

The characters were likable, even though X did annoy me at times.I loved how Luke and X had great chemistry. I wanted to know more about them or have Luke's POV. I wanted more on their relationship and romance, also the whole Academy thing could have been explained better or been a bit more detailed I think that's where it dropped points. I needed more!

This is book 1 of a series but can be read as a standalone. It's a fast- paced book which will keep you on the edge of your seat! I'm looking forward to the next book I wonder who it will be about.I would have loved for Luke and X's story to continue on, I'm not sure how it will all come together but it definitely started off well and hopefully it can only get better.


*ARC provided for an honest review*

No comments:

Post a Comment