Thursday 19 November 2015

Review: Milk And Honey By Rupi Kaur


Synopsis
'milk and honey' is a collection of poetry and prose about survival. About the experience of violence, abuse, love, loss, and femininity. It is split into four chapters, and each chapter serves a different purpose. Deals with a different pain. Heals a different heartache. 'milk and honey' takes readers through a journey of the most bitter moments in life and finds sweetness in them because there is sweetness everywhere if you are just willing to look

Buy here --> Amazon UK| Amazon US

______________________________________________

My Review

5 stars!!

I feel like the more poetry I read the more I fall in love with words and how they have a way of bringing so much emotion. A few words can have an impact and make you feel so much. If anyone has any recommendations, comment or message me. I'm all for exploring!


'how is it so easy for you
to be kind to people he asked
milk and honey dripped
from my lips as i answered
cause people have not
been kind to me'


I realised that I have a preference to deep dark poetry. Dark thoughts and experiences. I enjoy reading about people's experiences, it's like all this anger, sadness and pain being scratched onto the pages.Its a part of the author and I can't get enough of that.


'neither of us is happy
but neither of us wants t leave
so we keep breaking one another
and calling it love'


Rupi Kaur just has a way with words, I can't even explain it.She inspires me to write.Even though I am no poet but her poetry makes me want to give it a shot.It's a whole different experience when you read something and you can totally relate and you feel like the words are your words that you never knew how to express.This is one I would definitely want on my shelf because I don't this is the last time I will read it.


'I can't tell if my mother is
terrified or in love with my
father it all looks the same'


I pretty much highlighted the whole book. I just couldn't stop myself!
Just beautiful and I can't wait for more by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment