Monday 19 October 2015

Review: Worth It (Forbidden Men, #6) by Linda Kage



Synopsis

I fell in love once.

It was amazing. She was amazing. Life was amazing.

I lived for each time I could see her, and nothing else mattered, not that our families were enemies, our time together was forbidden, or we had to meet in secret.

Our love could conquer all.

Until it didn't.

So I was ripped away from the love of my life and shoved into hell, forced to continue without her.

It shattered me, broke the best parts of me, left me permanently damaged.

Or so I thought.

Years later, I swear history’s trying to repeat itself because she’s back in my life, and I’m just as drawn to her as I was before. But I'm older and wiser now, and I know she should stay away from a worthless ex-con like me.

So, I will not let her in. I absolutely refuse to hurt her. I will keep her away.

Then again, sometimes risking your greatest fear to get to a smile makes everything worth it, and besides, I’m not sure I can resist her, anyway.

This is the story of how Felicity Bainbridge changed my life forever, starting one summer day long ago after I was forced to change a dirty diaper...

--Knox Parker
 

Buy here --->> Amazon UK | Amazon US 

*******************************************

My Review
4 Stars!!

“No matter what happens tonight, don’t ever change, okay? You are fun and sweet and amazing just the way you are. You make the world a better place because you always find the bright side. You are the bright side. And if I’m ever going to make it through this, I need to know you’re out there, still glowing and making the world bright.”

Linda Kage, woman you really know how to write an awesome book that keeps me intrigued from start to finish. And that little part at the end about Asher? What the hell are you trying to do to me? I need the next book right now!! I hate waiting omg you are going to kill me.There is no slow boring parts, every part flows and makes you want more. I didn't want it to end and yet I couldn't stop reading.

When I found out at the end of Ten's book that the next book was about some new person called Knox I was a bit like eh? Who? Why do we need a new addition I love the forbidden crew. I felt like he may not fit in or that it wouldn't be as good as the rest but oh how wrong I was. He fit right in as well as Felicity.

'She wasn’t like anyone I’d ever met… She didn’t treat me like a nobody. In fact, I don’t think anyone had ever treated me the way Felicity treated me, or looked at me the way she looked at me. Like I was something special. Like I was someone.'

I don't usually like a book that goes back and forth from past to present but again LK knows how to do it because it so worked here.I loved how cute and adorable the past was,watching the the sweet relationship bloom when Felicity and Knox are kids and then having the rough, edgy matured version of them in the present.At times I got so stuck into one section either past or present and I just wanted it to carry on yet it all made sense in the end.Every piece is slowly unraveled, the only thing I wanted more on was more aspects of Knox's life in jail or a little flashback to a time in prison. Or him gradually getting better after the trauma he faced. I also wanted more of Knox with Pick's babies because why not!

My heart broke for Knox, everything he lost. And Bentley aww damn I did not expect that and everything else that happened. It was like one blow after another, there is only so much a person can take before they start to crack.
Both Felicity and Knox had families who didn't really care about them. Felicity was usually left to do whatever unless she was needed. Knox lived in a big family with not enough money and had to make ends meet as well with a drunk father and a mother that was hardly present. One rich, one poor, both families lacking love. Two kids who don't belong finding each other in the woods. A chance meeting that changes everything.

“We’ve never really been apart. From the moment you bumped into me in those woods, we’ve belonged to each other … I don’t care if we’ve grown up. We’re still Knox and City at the core, and we’ll always love each other. You know why?” I leaned in to whisper … “Because we don’t know how to stop.”

No comments:

Post a Comment