Wednesday 28 October 2015

Review: The Air He Breathes (Elements #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry


Synopsis
I was warned about Tristan Cole.
“Stay away from him,” people said.
“He’s cruel.”
“He’s cold.”
“He’s damaged.”

It’s easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster.

But I couldn’t do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me.

We were both empty.
We were both looking for something else. Something more.
We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays.

Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe.
 

**********************************

My Review
4.5 Beautiful Stars!

I loved this book, it's just what I needed after reading some meh, okay ish books that really didn't do it for me.I need to firstly mention that I adore this authors books and writing, it's just amazing! You just don't expect the things that happen to happen and I have been meaning to review a book of hers. Every time something happens and I totally forget or I'm so busy I don't get a chance but this time I said to myself, as soon as you finish you will review this book even if its a short review so here it goes ;)

'People in town called him an asshole, and I could see why. He wasn’t nice, he wasn’t stable, and he was broken in all of the wrong and right places.'

I heard this was an emotional read and a lot of people had written in places they cried and I have got to agree it did have the heavy emotional bits that ripped you apart but there was so much more, it was funny, sweet, raw and beautiful.The author did a brilliant job and I vow to never put off any more of Brittainy C. Cherry's book that I download!

"No soulmate leaves the world alone; they always take a piece f their other half long with them."

This is a book about two people who have gone through a hard time and lost loved ones, it changes people. It can turn some into monsters, it can cause you to become closed off and shut down or it can change you for the better. Death changes people, you never come out the same. But you have to always remember that everything happens for a reason.


"Tristan?"

"Yes?"
"Kiss Me?"


I don't want to go into detail about it because I think people need to stop reading synopsis and just kind of jump into books and find out for themselves. Experience it without reading what its about or knowing exactly what you will be stepping into. This book does have twists you don't see coming and basically I want more. The main characters were great even supporting characters I want Faye to have her own story. Tristan and Faye's shit burning seen was frikin hilarious!

'During the light days, we held each other close.During the dark days, we held each other closer.'

The one thing that made me mad was near the end half. Tristan you do not do that, that was messed up. I understood why he went and why he needed to but no communication? So abruptly without calmly thinking things through and I get it things where pretty crazy but being in Lizzie's position I don't know if I could be that forgiving but other than that it was awesome and I'm looking forward for more!!



No comments:

Post a Comment