Wednesday 18 March 2015

Review: Unblocked - Episode One (Timber Towers, #1) by Marni Mann


Synopsis


Derek Block seeks revenge. Frankie Jordan seeks professional dominance. He wants her, she wants him. Lines that can't cross begin to blur. Things start heating up as real estate gets real…


This is the first episode of a five-episode novella series


Buy Here ---> Amazon UK | Amazon US 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review

3.5 Stars!

This is part one of a five part novella series. Let me start off by saying I very rarely read novella series because of the length. I just prefer it to be one long book instead of it having all the part and the time I have to wait for the next one can get annoying at times especially when they end on cliffhangers.

“I noticed the hunger in his eyes, how they watched me as though he wanted to seize and devour me.”

Frankie has worked hard to get to where she is today, she is a top selling real estate agent and works for her father company. Sooner or later the company will be handed down to her and she needs to prove to him that she is capable and can handle it. A big opportunity arrives which could help her prove her capability when Derek Block comes onto the scene.

“I had a rule that I’d never broken: I didn’t sleep with anyone I worked with.”

Derek Block is a very successful architect and he is looking for the best real state agent. In the interview Frankie and Derek immediately hit it off. Lust at first sight? Derek has a rule though, one he will try not to break. I want to see how their relationship changes or grows.


I enjoyed this one I'm intrigued and I want to carry on and see how things turn out.I want to know so much more about Derek! His past and what is truly going on with him and his sister and others involved. There are so many missing pieces that I'm curious to find out about which I am looking forward to reading.

I thought this would be a lot of steam and not enough story which on the novella series I have read, that's what I have ended up reading and it annoys me, so this was great since it had a sort of balance. I didn't feel like the story side of it was lacking which I'm thrilled about.I felt like the dreams part wasn't really needed and I kind of felt like Derek's description was a bit weird. He is described as having the whole rugged, rough look but instead of it coming across as hot rugged look, it comes across as a not so appealing look? I don't really know how to explain it. Maybe it was just me?

Bring on Episode 2 ;)


*ARC provided by the author in exchange of an honest review*

No comments:

Post a Comment