Sunday 18 January 2015

Review: Dragon Bound (Elder Races #1) by Thea Harrison



Synopsis

Half-human and half-Wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the Wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their Dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful—and passionate—of the Elder Races.


As the most feared and respected of the Wyrkind, Dragos Cuelebre cannot believe someone had the audacity to steal from him, much less succeed. And when he catches the thief, Dragos spares her life, claiming her as his own to further explore the desire they've ignited in each other.



Pia knows she must repay Dragos for her trespass, but refuses to become his slave—although she cannot deny wanting him, body and soul.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My Review

5 Awesome Stars!!


Omg why have I not seen this book before? This is exactly what I needed to back into the reading mode. Since the start of January I have been in a book funk and it has been killing me.So here is to the first 5 star read of 2015.YAYY!!

It's been a while since I have read paranormal, I was getting sick of contemporary romance/erotica that I have been reading and really needed a change I was supposed to start a thriller but when I saw this one whilst browsing through GoodReads I just had to buy it and start straight away.And I'm so glad I did.I could not but this down, I inhaled this book. Who needs sleep? Not me!

“I am cursed with a terminal case of curiosity," he said. "I am jealous, selfish, acquisitive, territorial and possessive. I have a terrible temper, and I know I can be a cruel son of a bitch." He cocked his head. "I used to eat people, you know.”

So the main male character is a dragon.Yes that's right.A frikin Dragon. I thought that I would find him..meh the whole dragon thing I haven't really read about but omg I loved Dragos. Come on, look at that quote, of course I would love him! And I really like the main female character who is called Pia. She is strong, funny and they were so perfect for each other. I'm disappointed that Pia and Dragos's story doesn't continue, or maybe it does but the next book isn't about them! I thought they would stay main characters throughout the series :( But hey I still want to read on and find out more because I did really like the supporting characters.Can't wait to find out their story.


“A dragon just gave me a piece of jewelry,” she said. She took another swig and handed the bottle back to Graydon. “Have I been added to his hoard?”


He shook his head and drank too. “No, cupcake,” he said. “I’m pretty sure you’ve replaced it.” .


This is a well written book which will take you to a place you won't want to return from.On an adventure you didn't know you needed until you start this book. I need more books like this one! I would recommend this to every Paranormal lover :D

No comments:

Post a Comment