Wednesday 17 December 2014

Series Spotlight/Excerpts : Shattered Hearts Series By J.M. Walker


Break Me (The Shattered Hearts Series Book 1)

**** Blurb****


Running is always easier. 

Tori McLeod moved to the big city to get away from her mother—and her past. Her new routine is destroyed when she meets a mysterious stranger who won’t take no for an answer. Sebastian intrigues her, but his eyes hold secrets she would rather avoid. 

Sebastian Chelios, a hard-as-nails enforcer, is a new-in-town loner. He has to have her. Control her. Possess her. But he can’t—won’t—lose control, even though Tori’s innocence fascinates him. The last thing he’s going to do is love her, even after he gets her in his bed.
Losing control is dangerous, especially when someone from Sebastian’s past covets Tori, putting more than just her heart in danger. 

Can Sebastian protect Tori from Jose’s sadistic obsession? If he gets his hands on her, will she make it out in one piece?

***Excerpt***

“Where are you going?” they both asked me.
Turning back to them, I rolled my eyes. “If you must know, I’m going to the washroom. Did you want a play-by- play when I get back?”
Brett turned to Keisha. “I think I like her. She’s feisty.”
She glared at him. Her eyes widened when they flicked back to mine. A grin spread on her face as she looked pastme. Brett muttered something that I didn’t hear as he rose from his seat.
Frowning, I turned on my heel and ran right into a hard body. My hands instinctively landed on the chest, bracing my fall. I gasped and looked up into black eyes.Sebastian.
The familiar smell of cologne and soap invaded my nostrils, and it was just as intoxicating as before. My core clenched, aching for him.
Grabbing my wrists, he rubbed his thumb over my pulse point.
My breath picked up, and my heart thundered against my chest as I watched the small movement. My gaze flashed up to his, and a small smile formed on his lips.
“Hello, Tori.” His deep, silky voice washed over me, caressing my skin as he continued to rub small circles on my wrist.
“Hi,” I said, hardly able to breathe. It had been weeks since I had seen him, and being this close to him made my insides turn to mush.
He let go of my wrists and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.
Shivers ran down my spine at the light, feathery touch. My nipples hardened against my bra, turning to sharp peaks, begging to be touched by him.
“Come here often?” His deep voice sent a current of electrifying pleasure through me. This guy was going to do damage to my self-control.

“Does that sort of pickup line work on every girl, or is this your first time testing it out?” I laughed, asking the same question I had asked him the first time we met.
He chuckled. “That depends.”
“On?” I asked, playing along.
“Is it working?” His voice lowered and he leaned down, hot breath grazing my ear.
My heart thumped a mile a minute against my chest; I thought it would explode. A sharp pain pinched my ear, and then I realized he’d bitten me. 

Liquid heat seeped between my legs at the unexpected contact.

Oh God. My eyes went wide. Did I say that aloud?

He lifted his head and looked down at me, eyes blazing. Placing his hand on the small of my back, he pulled me against his side. He winked at me. “So is it?”
I frowned, confused. “Is what?”
“Is it working?”
My stomach flip-flopped. “Oh...” Yes, it was very much indeed working, but there was no way that I was telling him that.

A cough sounded from behind us, and I turned around. Keisha had the biggest smile, one that lit up her whole face.

Brett’s face was hard as he glared daggers at Sebastian. He took a couple of steps toward us. “Sebastian Chelios.” His voice was thick with disgust.


Available here:





Always Me (Shattered Hearts Book 2)


 ***Blurb***

Forgetting is hard to do.
Tori McLeod survived the sadistic wrath of a madman at the cost of the love of her life. Always a survivor, she’s determined to move on, for her sake and the sake of her son, even if she has to leave everything and everyone behind.
Two years have passed since she lost Sebastian Chelios. He is gone, but Tori can still feel the raw magnetism pulling her toward a ghost.
Relationships change and new bonds form. Budding feelings tempt Tori, but she continues to ache for Sebastian.
Whispers of danger lurk around the corner and questions regarding Jose remain unanswered.
Can Tori move on with her life when a dark shadow from her past revisits her? With Jose still being out there, will Tori and her son ever be truly safe?



***Excerpt***


“It’s been two years, Keisha.” I flopped down on my bed and sighed. “Today is the anniversary of...Sebastian’s...death.”
“Two years...” She gasped. “Oh my...oh, Tori.” She choked on a sob. “I didn’t even realize.”

“I try to forget.” I put the phone on speakerphone and placed it on my dresser. This day always left me feeling numb. Empty.

“I’m so sorry, Tori. Listen, when can I stop by? I’d really like to see you and my man.”I smiled. “How about tomorrow?”

“Sure. Sounds perfect. Mind if I bring the goons with me?”
My heart jumped. “No, not at all.”
“So, I’ll bring beer, food, and the boys. It’ll be fun, okay?” Keisha said, cheerfully, interrupting my thoughts.
I smiled lightly. “I’m looking forward to it.” I was. It’d been way too long since I had seen any of them. Talking on the computer or phone just wasn’t the same. I disconnected the call and scrubbed a hand down my face.Brett, Keisha’s brother, and I had become close over the last couple of years. Even though he had been a dick in the beginning, he’d made up for that. We’d gone out on dates and kissed a couple of times, but nothing serious. I wouldn’t sleep with him.He wasn’t Sebastian. There was no spark. Not the intense burning desire that I had felt for Sebastian the moment I saw him.
Brett was hesitant. He played it safe whereas Sebastian took what he wanted, when he wanted it. I could never say no to Sebastian. Not that I ever would have. He knew that, too.From the first kiss to the first time we had sex, he was controlling, and I loved every minute of it. My body stirred from those heated memories.
So many questions had been left unanswered. Garrith was an FBI agent, and he wouldn’t tell meanything, no matter how I demanded it. Maybe it was to protect me. The not knowing was what killed me. Made me feel lost.I walked to my window, and grabbing the curtains, I paused. It was late. Something was off. Wind rustled through the trees, and the swings on the swing set moved back and forth. Chills ran up my spine, and uneasiness settled in the pit of my belly.

The security lights came on, making me jump. My heart raced and then slowed when I saw a raccoon scurry across my backyard. I laughed to myself and shook my head.
“Get a grip, Tori.” God, I had issues. When would I stop being so scared? 




***Bio***

When J.M. isn't working her Monday-Friday 9-5 job, she's spending her time reading, writing and with the love of her life.
She's an all around Canadian girl. Born and raised in a small city.
If you don't see J.M. writing, you'll find her with her nose in a book. Whether it's her words or someone else's, she's drawn to it.
J.M. loves stories with Alpha broken males and that need to be ripped apart and put back together again. Men that fall to their knees over a wink or a giggle from their females.
Two things you will never find J.M. without; her cell phone and lip gloss. If she has both of those items, you have a happy girl.
Since starting her writing adventure in 2013, J.M. has met many people, real life, online, in her head and she loves every single one of them. Without the support from others, none of this would be possible and she's grateful for all that has been given to her.


J.m.’s hangout's




No comments:

Post a Comment