Wednesday 31 December 2014

Review: Taut: The Ford Book (Rook and Ronin Spinoff) by J.A. Huss


Synopsis
Ford Aston is known for many things. Being an emotionless, messed up bastard, a freakishly smart social outcast, and a cold, domineering master who keeps "pets" instead of girlfriends.

And after Rook broke his heart, he plans to keep it that way.

Ashleigh is known for nothing, and that's exactly what she's got going for her. She's broke, stranded in the mountains with a three month old baby, and Ford Aston is screwing with her head.

Big. Time.

And she plans to mess with his right back.

It's a coy game at first, filled with flirting, and innuendo--but Ford soon realizes something is not quite right with Ashleigh. In fact, something is seriously, seriously wrong and the closer they get to their final destination, the closer Ford gets to the truth.

One night of devastation, self-loathing, and emptiness turns into the best thing that ever happened to Ford Aston. But one day of in-your-face reality threatens Ashleigh's whole existence.


Ford first appears in Rook and Ronin #2, Manic. He has a bigger role in Panic, R&R #3, and then he has a novella, called SLACK. This TAUT book is only FORD. It's not really part of the R&R series, as that plot has all been sidelined for this one romance book.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review
5 Taut Stars!!
Why haven't I read any book by this author before? Where have I been?!
I have seen a lot of people go on about the series by this author but the synopsis of this one caught my eyes and I was like that's it I'm putting everything down and getting this book.And then I won a giveaway which allowed to to choose any ebook and of course I chose this one because this looked like a perfect book for me and obviously looking at what I rated it,you can tell that it sooo was!

I haven't read the 'Rook and Ronin' Series and maybe I really should? I think I would recommend reading the series first because there were a few moments of confusion for me when I didn't really know the background stuff and was curious.I'm also going to go through and add every J.A.Huss book to my TBR shelf.Thanks J.A.Huss, like I needed more on that list ;)


'I will never- ever-care for another woman for as long as I live.

I will never allow myself to be weak like this again.'


It all starts when we see Ford running away from something he needed to accept and try move on from.He thinks he needs to be alone but its the opposite, he needs someone to love.Someone who will love him with everything in her.He is fed up of being lonely, or left behind.Ford has never been normal so he wears smart clothes and tries to blend in. Being stuck in a snow storm and his car breaking down and being faced with people from his past, well things aren't looking good. That is until he decides to do something nice and let a woman with a baby sleep in the same room as him.

They are both lost and struggling to carry on in a way and when they find each other at just the right time.They need someone to hold on to and that becomes each other.There were so many parts of this book i really wasn't expecting and I didn't want it to end, I kept checking the percentage and then having a mini panic attack because I was somehow reading this fast, or it was just the fact that I could not stop reading.

'You can be appreciated for who you are, even if your only talent is a little bit strange and that seems to have no value.Because everyone is valuable.'

^Love this.This is another one going into my favourites list and another for my I-Need-This-In-Paperback shelf.Love the cover and Ford, my new book boyfriend, Where can I find him? I liked him with all his quirks and everything! My heart broke for Ashleigh. Loved Kate and Ford moments, I need more.I wanted the ending to be extended! Can't wait to read more from this author..but right now I have a book hangover :(


No comments:

Post a Comment