Sunday 21 December 2014

Review: Isn't She Lovely (Redemption 0.5) By Lauren Layne


Synopsis

The rules are clear—until they're broken. Lauren Layne puts a New Adult spin on Pygmalion, also the inspiration for Pretty Woman, and gives the classic love story its edgiest twist yet.

"Who knew that pretending you're not falling for someone would be so much more difficult than pretending that you are?"

Stephanie Kendrick gave up her whole summer to ace her NYU film school screenwriting course, so she's pissed to be stuck with a preppy, spoiled frat boy as her writing partner. Then again, with her piercings, black-rimmed eyes, and Goth wardrobe, Stephanie isn't exactly Ethan Price's type, either. He's probably got his eye on some leggy blonde with a trust fund... or does he?

As the summer scene kicks off in the Hamptons, Ethan is desperate to make his snobbish mother forget the pedigreed girl who broke his heart. While Stephanie's a stretch as a decoy, the right makeover and a pastel cardigan just might do the trick. She may not love the idea of playing Ethan's brainless Barbie girlfriend, but the free rent and luxurious digs make a tempting offer. So does the promise of a ready-made screenplay idea inspired by their charade.

But when Stephanie steps into Ethan's privileged world, the "acting" begins to feel all too real. The kissing and touching that were intended to fool the Hamptons crowd wind up manipulating "them." And Stephanie faces a question she's too afraid to ask: Is Ethan falling for the real her or for the dolled-up princess he wants to see?

 My Review
3.5 Cute Stars!!


I liked this book, it's been on my kindle for a while and I just never got round to reading it.I saw that a lot of my goodreads friends had rated it well so I thought why not? Since I decided to clear up my arcs and well..most the books on my kindle because I have too many now and I really don't don't know how I will get through them all with more awesome books being released.

“Instead of the carefree, find-myself summer I envisioned, I’ll be spending the next three months with my own life-sized Ken doll.”

So I got started with this one and I realised I did not know what it was about so I went and skimmed the synopsis on GRs..obviously I suck at skimming through stuff because what I read was so not what the synopsis said. I may have been half asleep haha so in my head there was going to be some goth guy and blah blah I got it the wrong way around. I was just like hmm so where is this goth boy..whaat its a girl? Wtf did I read on Goodreads?

Anyways this was a quick fun read with a bit of everything I would definitely recommend it to anyone who love light cute reads with a happily ever after!
I liked both main characters and loved the dual POV.Yes I am a big fan of dual POVS when they are done right and this so was! You get an insight to both characters and find out their inner struggles and much more. Ethan and Stephanie had a connection and chemistry I felt like it was drawn out a little, the back and forth.I just wanted them to get together already.I was screaming in my mind - Claim your woman Ethan!!!..see why I love alpha male books? ;)

This is a well written New Adult and it had my turning pages.I wanted to know what would happen next even though I kinda knew what would happen.And I love a HEA and this was fab and I finished it with a big smile on my face!


*ARC provided by NetGalley for honest review*

No comments:

Post a Comment