Sunday 19 October 2014

Review: God-Shaped Hole by Tiffanie DeBartolo



Synopsis
When I was twelve, a fortune teller told me that my one true love would die young and leave me all alone. 
Everyone said she was a fraud, that she was just making it up. 
I'd really like to know why the hell a person would make up a thing like that.

Written with the snap, glitter and wit of The Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing, God-Shaped Hole is a memorable, poignant love story that will leave you weeping with laughter. It is told in the wry, vulnerable voice of Beatrice "Trixie" Jordan who replies to a personal ad, "If your intentions are pure I am seeking a friend for the end of the world." 

In doing so, she meets Jacob Grace, a charming, effervescent thirty-something writer, a free spirit who is a passionate seeker of life. He possesses his own turn of phrase and ways of thinking and feeling that dissonantly harmonize with Trixie's off-center vision as they roller coaster through the joys and furies of their wrenching romance. Along the way they try to come to terms with the hurt brought about by their distant fathers who, in different ways, forsook them.

This story will prove so touching you will rush to share it with a friend or loved one or even a stranger.




My Review
5 Beautiful Stars!

I don't know what to say about this book. After I finished I had so many emotions swirling around that I really don't know which one came out on top.The writing style and depth of this book blew me away. This is a book about hopes, dreams, a journey and two soul mates. You know when you meet someone randomly and feel like you have known them forever? I believe we have met before, that our soul recognize the other and we gravitate towards each other. Some people are just meant to meet and some plans are just meant to fall apart. This book moved me, made me question so many things and..wait for it..yes because of this book I now have a journal. Booya!


I don't want to repeat what many of the other reviewers have already said I think this is one of those books you pick up without knowing what the pages hold and let yourself explore without having preconceived idea of how you think you will feel whilst reading this book. Just jump in and let the feelings and words take you on a journey.There isn't just one emotion you will feel whilst reading this book there are just too many to write down and some emotions without names because some emotions can never be put into words, only ever be felt.


“Everyone’s afraid of something.” I said.
“Okay then,” he said, trying to think of something quickly. “I’m afraid of sleeping another night without you. How’s that?”


This story is about a couple and it sounds like its going to be boring.. BUT its soooo not! Well done Tiffanie DeBartolo! You took something that people would think ah that will be boring because what could possibly happen eh? And you made this story beautiful! You made it into a story that will always stay with me and make me question life and about living in the moment.You brought to life two incredible characters and made us feel their every emotion.This book gripped me from the first page and I don't think it has let me go just yet.



"I know it's late but," he paused, "would it be all right if I came over?"
"Right now?"
"Yeah."
"Jacob," I said, "how long have you been waiting to ask me that?"
"Who knows?" he said, more to himself than to me. 
"Maybe all my life."



This is a book about Trixie and Jacob. Two souls that drifted together and found solace.This book deals with faith and well I thought that may cause me to not like this book.I don't believe in fortune tellers but I do believe in God and that everything happens for a reason. But when I read it, it wasn't a book forcing an opinion on me which I enjoyed and faith and religion didn't make up the story there was a lot more to it.Hopes, dreams, loss, heartbreak and so much more..


This review took me a while to get round to I had to gather my thoughts and feeling and I know I havent told you what happens in the story but thats the best bit! You just need to go read this anddd this is another book I need to get in paperback I need it on my shelf! You know..when I win lots of money from somewhere since the amount of paperbacks wishlist is huggeeee!



No comments:

Post a Comment