Tuesday 10 June 2014

Review: Exploration (The Potential Trilogy #1) By Peyton Sloane



Synopsis
Being with the same man since she was 18, 26 year old widow Jazz Mickelson is hoping to catch up on all the life experiences that could have been hers had she not leapt into a committed relationship so young.
Julian St. Sauveur is looking for three things: romance, comfort and trust. He mistakenly thought he had them once many years ago. He sees potential for him and Jazz but knows it is too soon for her. 
Will she accept his unusual proposition, one that allows him to hold on to her while she catches up on life?...and will she choose him after experiencing all the wonders that await her?
Find out as Jazz and Julian explore their potential...

FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY

*******************************************

My Review

2 Stars!

*Sigh* I really hate writing bad reviews especially when the author so kindly provides you with an arc but they ask for honest and I will definitively be honest about what I thought of it. By the rating I'm guessing you can tell that this book was not for me!

Jazz is a widow at 26 years old and she had been with the same man since she was 18.She hasn't had her wild days and she doesn't have much experience so she is out on a trip of self discovery, a trip where she lets go and explores the things she never got to explore before.

She never would have expected someone like Julian St. Sauveur to come into her life and help on her journey of exploration.He likes what he sees with Jazz and can see potential for a lot more. But Julian has a plan or proposition which entails fantasies exploration and much more.It starts with accompanying him to a business function where she is blown away by the extravagance but ends up being a lot more intense and wild. Will Jazz jump in and go along with it or call it all off?

The starting was good I guess I wanted to see how it would all work out, where things would go from here but then it started getting too slow for me and I couldn't really concentrate on it. I really thought the book would be different and that Julian would be more of an alpha male! I like my jealous, protective fictional men!!

I really thought it had potential to be a great book but around 50% or before it started to really slow down. I didn't feel like it was going anywhere, I felt like it stopped moving forward at a point and began to feel repetitive at times. The proposition Julian made..yeah killed it for me urgh I don't know it just wasn't the right book for me!

The ending finalized it for me really, really emphasised how this wasn't a book for me.I nearly gave up on it half way but decided to continue to see if it got better. It took me a while to get through it due to it being too slow for my liking.I doubt I will be carrying on with the series I prefer my characters to have a different relationship to what this one entails.

There are a lot of hot scenes in this book so for those who love a book about a journey of exploration and open relationships this may be a book for you!


*ARC provided by an author for an honest review*


No comments:

Post a Comment