Tuesday 11 February 2014

Review: Fierce By Clarissa Wild



Synopsis
Fight for your dreams. Fight for your life. Fight for love. 

Nerdy girl Autumn Blakewood is the prime example of a goody two-shoes. She studies every night, is never late for class, and always follows the rules. She has never felt the need to step out of her comfort zone. That is, until she meets Hunter.

Hunter Bane is a cocky, confident bad-boy, who's nothing but trouble. He’s a dangerous distraction to everyone around him. Sexy and strong, Hunter enjoys the swooning effect he has on women. Especially those who aren't used to attention, like Autumn.

Autumn finds it hard not to give into Hunter’s advances, even though it all seems like a game to him. Trying to understand him is impossible, because he shrouds himself in mystery. 
What she doesn't know is that Hunter has more baggage than anyone should have to carry. When she discovers he's in an illegal frat club to save the one person that matters to him, Autumn realizes this could mean the end of her undeniable connection to him. Even their lives are at risk.
But it's too late to turn back now..

My Review
2 Meh-It just-didn't-do-it-for-me!


I really wanted this to be good, it sounded good and well look at the damn cover!! I love the cover but this book was a disappointment.It was like I was reading it but I wasn't hooked in, I was merely skim reading, which i hate and rarely do.In this case it seemed to be the only way I could get through this book.You know when you read and its a great book and you don't want it to finish so you are trying to go slow but you love it so much that you need to read on? Yeah it wasn't like that, I just wanted it to finish!

“You shouldn't care so much about what others think," he says. "What you think is what matters."

It all starts of when Autumn Blakewood starts college with an embarrassing incident which causes her hair to be covered in leaves along with that she meets Hunter.Autumn Blakewood is geeky, awkward and loyal friend whilst Hunter is cocky, confident and looks dangerous. Hunter's nickname for her becomes Leafy and soon they begin chatting since they are in the same class.

Hunter has a lot going on and none of it is good stuff, he is involved with some dodgy guys and things seem to be getting worse day by day.Autumn decides to get involved and find out what is going on with Hunter so she can stop him or help him.Lets just say Autumn should have minded her own business, I didn't exactly love her she annoyed me at times and I found her really immature.

I did like Hunter, even though at times he could be a right arsehole but hey that's just him.He was a good guy involved in a messed up situation.I just didn't feel connected with these characters, or the story.It was slow and needed a lot more to it, for the book to actually pull me in.



No comments:

Post a Comment