Saturday 1 February 2014

Review: Claiming Carter (Carter #1) by W.S. Greer



Synopsis
Lily Hayes is a beautiful 3rd grade teacher who enjoys her job very much, and has an amazing best friend who keeps her entertained. The only problem in Lily's life is that she always dates lame, boring, passionless men. No one has ever brought her any adventure. No one gives her excitement, and after being cheated on by her last boyfriend, Lily is ready for a change. 
A change is exactly what she finds when she meets Kelvin Carter Jr. Kelvin is everything Lily wants in a man: sexy, passionate, spontaneous, attractive, powerful, and the best sex she has ever had. He is perfect. But perfection comes with a price. Kelvin may be exactly what Lily is looking for, but he is also a branch on a Chicago mob's family tree and the son of a notorious mob boss. 
When the couple commences a heart-pounding, overwhelmingly sensual relationship, Lily must decide what she desires more; love and satisfaction, or her own safety.

Erotic/Suspense/Romance

*This book is intended for mature audiences*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My Review

2.5-3 Hmm Okay Stars


Lily Hayes is a 3rd grade teacher who ends up with all the wrong guys.

men who cheat - check
men who are bad in bed - check
men who who don't know how to treat a woman- check


After catching her ex-bf cheating on her she is in a bit of a slump.her life is quite boring all she has is her job or random times she goes out with her best friend and with no guy in her life everything seems a little dull.

On a night out with her crazy loud mouthed best friend a stranger catches her eyes.She can't get him out of her head, hot, powerful and he dominates the room.She meets the stranger again when she heads out to grab a snack.She can't seem to believe how perfect he seems to be, obviously there has to be some sort of catch right?


Kelvin Carter Jr. seems to be perfect, he has it all and he knows how to treat a lady right..the catch you say? Well he may be the son of a notorious mob boss. That changes things right? Yup now the question is how is he meant to tell Lily this without losing her? I was getting annoyed at him at this point and screaming TELLL HEERRRRR!!!
There are a few twists which I thought were the best parts.I wanted Kelvin to be more in control and less controlled by the mob in a way he seemed to have something lacking in my opinion.

It was okay but it just didn't blow me away, I wanted it to grip me and so much more!
I didn't really feel connected with the characters..I liked her friend she was funny but she had her moments where I just wanted her to shut it and quit being so loud.

Most of the book is in Lilly's POV but we get parts of Kelvin and we get to see his side. I don't know what it was but hey here I was thinking it would have a lot more badass mob stuff in it which it really didn't, left me rather disappointed but maybe there will be more insight to the mob side of it in book 2?

oh oh Kelvin giggles.. are you fukin kiddin me?..sorry i just don't like it. A hot, strong, powerful man and then he giggles, totally killed it! haha
I felt like the conversation and them together was quite awkward at times and that made me uncomfortable, they just didn't mesh well.I wanted more chemistry!



There were parts that I enjoyed and thought oh this is going to get good but overall it just didn't pull me in, I very doubt I will read book 2 but hey that's just me, don't let my review put you off it coz it looks like a lot of other people enjoyed it.All them 5 stars is what made me think this would be awesome! pshtt

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Buy Links

Amazon UK:http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HZZ6818

Amazon US: http://amzn.com/B00HZZ6818

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment