Friday 3 January 2014

Review: Raw By Belle Aurora



Synopsis

***Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.***

Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am.
Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street.
Best decision I ever made.
Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job.
My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved.
But the saying is true.
The world makes way for those who know where they are going.
That’s me.
I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace.
But then there’s him.
I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me.
He makes me feel.
It’s unconventional.
But it’s real.
I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker.
So am I.
This isn’t a story.
This is my life

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My Review

5 TWISTED, DAMAGED, ADDICTIVE STARS!!


This is how it began..

JUST DROPPED EVERYTHING..hellooo book *strokes phone* I have been waiting a long time for you (weird evil accent is being used) *kissy faces*

This is how it ended..

YOU BROKE ME BELLE! I kind of hate you right now but I still love ya!
when I saw ***Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.*** my brain was like hah! its lies don't believe it, things always work out in Belle's books.right? RIGHT? ..oh hell no coz I was sooo wrong! Stupid little voice in my head trying to get me killed but I'm so glad I read this book because omg it's brilliant!

I usually stick to my happily ever afters, like come on don't we have enough bad shit in real life, why read about sad things huh? But then I have them days where I pick up a book and say break my heart baby..okay I don't really..I don't talk to books..pfft nah that ain't me..
But yeah sometimes you read a book that breaks your heart, turns you into an emotional mess and leaves you thinking about it for Months and years days later and having the whole story flash in your mind and it haunts you all over again.

You’re nobody ‘til somebody loves you.

This isn't your normal love story, it won't leave you with bubbles of happiness and rainbows..nah it will crush you, haunt you, stalk you ;)
Right from the start the story gripped me and it never let me go.I finished this book all in one day as I couldn't stop reading it, even though at times I was confused, hurt angry and so many other emotions that I can't even name.

Addiction:-
The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or or involved in something.
Synonyms: dependency, dependence, craving, habit, weakness, compulsion, fixation, enslavement

This is a story of an addict, of abuse, of hope, of destruction.
This is a story of two people being link by hurt, two people desperate to fill the void in their lives.


“We’re all addicted to something that takes away the pain.”

The characters are damaged both Lexi and Twitch have had a tough life.Their relationship is dysfunctional, colossal mess of hurt, love,lust, anger and yet there is so much more to it. Twitch..Oh Twitch my heart ached for him, for what he went through. I wanted to reach into the book and give him a big hug and make him feel loved because that's what he needed, what he lived without for too long. But then there were times I wanted to punch him in the face and scream at him for not being open, for not communicating, for being so damn hard to read!!

“Monsters don't always lurk in the shadows. Sometimes they hide in plain sight.”

Lexi was a strong character, I really liked her even though I sometimes felt like omg why would you let him do that? Twitch became her weakness and in a way he was as much of her addiction as she was his.Being a victim of abuse, that will always stay with you no matter how old you get, no matter what happens. You can either live life thinking about it daily and being bitter about it or you can make something of yourself.You can rise above it.You can change and give someone the hope and help you never got. Lexi fell into the right side where as Twitch fell into the bad..but who are we to put people into boxes? Life is full of choices and this story shows you how your choices bring consequences sometimes good and sometimes bad.

Twitch isn't a hero.Twitch needs help. He won't save you if he is here to punish you.
First book of 2014 and Oh yes it started with a bang!


“What’s your name?” 

“Doesn’t matter. You’ll forget it once I’m gone.” 
“No, I won’t.” 
“I’m Twitch.


*ARC provided by thee awesome author for an honest review*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Buy Links


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author Bio

Belle Aurora is twenty six years old and was born in the land down under.  At an early age she fell in love with reading. Boredom one summer had her scouring the bookshelves at home. She stumbled across Sandra Brown’s Breath of Scandal and fell in love with romance. Having been brought up in a loud and boisterous family of Croatian descent, she developed a natural love for dramatics and humor. Only some years ago had she discovered a new love.  Humorous romance novels. Kristen Ashley and R.L. Mathewson had opened a brand new world where she could lose herself yet feel safe and at home in their stories. Belle has been known to become a screeching banshee while anxiously awaiting their newest titles. Belle never thought she would write. It had never interested her until recently. Friend-Zoned began to form and in February this year Belle typed the words Chapter One. And she fell in love. With words. With writing. With a creative imagination she never knew she harbored.

No comments:

Post a Comment