Wednesday 4 December 2013

Review: Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror #1) By Karina Halle


Synopsis
With all the vampire, werewolf and faerie books out there, it's easy to become numb to all things supernatural. The antidote? Darkhouse introduces two real and unforgettable characters, Perry Palomino & Dex Foray, amateur ghost hunters who are "attractive, relatable and oddly heroic," "flawed but loveable," "slightly crazy" and just the most endearing pair to ever tackle the paranormal...just don't call them normal.

Darkhouse is a thrilling and sexy new take on concepts like Supernatural and The X-Files, bringing a breath of fresh air to a genre that has been inundated with the dead.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
My Review
3.5- 4 GHOST-HUNTING, INTRIGUING, FREAKY STARS!!


After reading a million status updates and all the reviews saying aww Dex this and Dex that and all love people have for this series I said to myself that I would definitely read this book and see what all the fuss was about. I was super excited to meet this Dex who has enchanted a whole lot of you.
And well what can I say..I LOVE DEX! Where can I buy one?!


I narrowed my eyes at him. "Were you staring at my ass?"
"Yes," he replied without hesitation.


I was a bit skeptical about starting this series the only books I have read on ghost hunting or something similar was a series about this hot ghost guy so yeh I was like hmmm what am I getting myself into?
The starting of this book for me was very slow and that's the reason I left it for a while and them came back to it way later and I made it my mission to finish!

I loved Dex and Perry they were both intriguing characters.
Perry is a relateable 22 year old girl she is a a receptionist which isn't exactly her dream job especially when she has a degree in advertising.All her life she has been looked at defferently, her visions and nightmares made her life a struggle.What was wrong with her?
And what happens when the nightmares, illusions start to creep into her reality? What happens when nothing really makes sense anymore?

"It sat there forgotten and lightless, a darkhouse overlooking the sea.."

Whilst visiting her Uncle she decides to go explore an abandoned lighthouse, ALONE! Its cold, wet and dark.As I was reading it I was like oh my god! Turn back woman turn back!!!It seemed totally creepy so yeah if that was me? No way in hell would I go exploring it at night..
But then again that's how she meets Dex! Soo okay I may reconsider if there was like a banner saying Dex is inside ;)

“Because sometimes I lie, Perry. We all lie, even you, but not everyone is brave enough to admit it.”

Dex is all over the place he is interesting and a little bit crazy!But but you still end up loving every bit of his weird character!

This is good book with a combination of horror, comedy and romance I will be reading book 2 soon I hope! Really do want to see what will happen between Dex and Perry.

“Somehow, by dealing with the dead, I had never felt so alive.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment