Friday 27 September 2013

Review: Protect Me (Protected Love #1) By Jennifer Culbreth



Synopsis

Abbi Hastings had never been fearless. She'd been firmly entangled in her small town roots her entire life until an unexpected inheritance provided her a chance to escape. As she took the only opportunity she’d have to get out, Abbi left her world behind and boarded the plane with her one way ticket to Los Angeles. 

Relentless and fighting for her own independence, it all goes to hell when fate throws a twist into her plans. Everything changes the day she accidentally falls into the arms of Ryan. Tall, dark eyed, and handsome CEO of LA’s hottest bodyguard service who is fighting some dark demons of his own.

Can Abbi take a leap of faith and dare to experience all that the world has to offer, accepting that fate has brought her here into the arms of the man who will protect her? Protect her mind, body, and soul.


My Review


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


"Don't use your handsome smile on me.I am going back to work in two days, I don't care if I have to pour drinks with crutches holding me up." She crossed her arms and looked sideways at him.
"You think I'm handsome?"


When I read the synopsis I was like ooh sounds good lets get started when I saw the cover I was like..uhmm well..strange this sooo needs to be changed.
Want to know how I pictured the cover? I saw a hot security guard standing with his arms folded and so on..This cover is soo not what I imagined and if I saw this cover before reading it I would have skipped it, I know I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover blah blah blah but that's exactly what I would have done in a rush.

So I kind of made my own cover pahah! I think this is how the cover should be..something kinda like this..what dya think?


"This isn't Kansas anymore Dorothy. Don't make me fire you on your first night, because I might get get used to seeing you in those shorts, or as you think lack thereof."

Abbi has always lived in her small town and never done anything fearless.She couldn't afford it and well she felt safe in her town so moving felt scary but times have changed and its time for her to be fearless, to explore and to find herself.

So when she finds out about her fathers death and that he has left her some money she takes a chance and steps into the unknown. She decides to move out of the small town and buys a one way ticket to LA.
Here she gets a job at a luxurious club and tries to make it on her own.Its where her life collides with Ryan's life and everything changes for the both of them.

Ryan isn't in the mood but has to go in for a job at a club.He is a CEO of LA’s hottest bodyguard service and when he steps into the club and spots Abbi things change. She intrigues him, captivates him and he wants to know more about her.Fighting demons of his own and being tangled into Abbi's life, has he found his other half? Or will this all lead to more trouble than its worth?

"..it was all for this man because in her heart or hearts she knew now that he was her destiny.Fate had made damn sure she wasn't faltering from its plan any longer."

Ryan is awesome! He made me laugh, swoon and fall for him.I liked the other characters as well and wanted to know more about them..so here is me hoping the next book is about Gabe..please tell me there is a book about Gabe?

"Holy Shit, you got it bad man.I am going to have to meet this chick that has stolen your heart," Jace fluttered his eyes towards Ryan.

So yeh I enjoyed this book even though at first I was like ahhh crap its not in first person *sobs* Yes I do prefer it to be in first person as I feel closer to the characters that way but hey I still enjoyed this and don't regret reading it.I finished this really quickly wanting to know what would happen next it kept me intrigued until the end and well I wanted more.It finished and I was like..there needs to be more! There were a few things I was like uhm what happened to him? What about this urghh answer my questions!! Lets hope the next book solves that problem for me.

This is a fast-paced, funny, hot book with suspense and much more..
This is more than a love story its a journey, a story that keeps you on edge and hooked until the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


*ARC provided by the author for an honest review*
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zakirr...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Buy Links

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00E98ZPXQ

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E98ZPXQ

No comments:

Post a Comment