Friday 13 September 2013

Review: Delayed Penalty By Shey Stahl


Synopsis
A minor penalty that is not called until the offending team gains control of the puck. As long as the non-offending team maintains possession, the referee allows play to continue and signals a delayed penalty by raising his arm.

I’m Evan Mason, an NHL hockey player for the Chicago Blackhawks. I spend my nights roughing up two hundred pound defensemen and, at times, spend more time in the penalty box than I do on the ice.

That’s my job. 

One night changed everything I thought I once knew about my life on, and off, the ice.

A girl. 

A brutally beaten girl left to die in an alley.
I don’t know why or how but something made me stay that night after taking her to the hospital. I didn’t know her, nor did I have an obligation to stay but something inside of me rooted me there telling me I should stay. Saving a life is worth something. At least I thought so. And I wouldn’t have been me if I just simply left her there. 

Any man who put his heart and soul into a game of hockey couldn’t just walk away when someone needed them. She had no one else right now. The same guy who saw determination where there was desire, now saw hope where there was once despair.

I couldn’t leave. That wouldn’t be me. No, not a man that put all he had into something some called just a game. I couldn’t walk away from her holding onto life, weak and powerless to something she had no control over.

So I stayed. In a room full of family members praying for their loved ones to pull through, I prayed for a girl I didn’t know and had never met before, to have a beating heart. While others’ sorrows turned to grieving pain, I sat waiting on the words of the unknown.

No bond is stronger than the ones you’ll bleed for
*********

My Review

4 Awesome Intriguing Hockey Stars!

“Our presence in the world was actually very small. It was our presence in the lives of others that made the world what it was. Every word we said, every gesture we made, every detail connected you to that presence you made whether you knew it or not.”


Evan "Mase" Mason is an NHL hockey player for the Chicago Blackhawks, when he finds a girl on Christmas Eve lying on the snow raped and nearly beaten to death he cant leave her there and has to help.After rescuing her he just cant leave her at the hospital after finding out that she has no-one to be there for her.He is drawn back to her and ends up falling in love with her..

“No bond is greater than the ones you'll bleed for.”

Ami is 18 years old and came to Chicago to start over to create a new life and become a ballerina.She is running from her past after facing so much loss she moves to Chicago only to be brutally attacked.The only light in all the darkness is Evan.Her saviour who helps her overcome the loss in her life.They help each other to become better and stronger people.

“You can't see something shining if you're eyes are closed.”

Wow!I really enjoyed this book and let me tell you something..before I read this book I knew nothing about hockey.I liked finding more about the sport and actually enjoyed reading about it,much to my surprise.I actually thought I wouldn't enjoy it due to the whole hockey part of it and would get bored and lose interest ahh how wrong I was! The story-line was awesome and there wasn't a dull moment to it.This book is in both Ami's and Evan's POV which made it even better!

Oh my god I was going to write I loved Leo he should sooo have his own book and then I check next book and what dya know.. Book 2 is Leo's woop woop!


*********
Buy Links 

Amazon UK :http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00D7ZFNLQ

Amazon US:http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D7ZFNLQ

No comments:

Post a Comment